Our staff are more then happy to assist with any Monitor Calibration or Colour Management questions you might have, we also provide a inhouse calibration service as well, for more information please email us or call 61 7 38449621.
Colour Management Information
Click Here to Download Profiles and Colour Management Document.
Monitor Starting Points
1. Set your monitor white point to 6000K. (Read your monitor manual for more information on changing the white point settings.)
Check the patches marked 0 and 10 in the grey scale; do they appear to be the same? If you cannot see a visible difference, your monitor is too dark. Check the patches marked 95 and 100, if there is no difference then your monitor is too light. If the patches have a colour cast, you can correct problem by calibrating your monitors' gamma for each colour channel individually.
2. Stand 3 meters away from your monitor and check the image below. If the centre patch is darker or lighter than the background then your gamma will need calibration.
Access the Adobe Gamma in Control Panel for PC's or for Mac OS X System Preferences panel open the Displays and choose 'Wizard'. Follow the step by step calibration process. Save your new monitor profile.
3. Go Photoshop Edit / Colour Settings
- RGB Working Space; Start with sRGB colour working space
- Color Management Policies; Preserve Embedded Profiles
For best results submit prints assigned with sRGB only
Which shot below is correct? Without a calibrated monitor it will make it very difficult to gain an accurate and consistent output result.
Monitor Calibration Hardware:
Prolab recommends using the i1 Display 2 Professional Monitor Calibrator to keep your monitor in balance, click on the image below if you require infomation regarding purchasing this product.
Features & Benefits
- Compact award-winning colorimeter for emissive color measurements of LCD, CRT and laptop displays
- Highest sensitivity in dark areas for better control in shadow detail and more neutral gray scale
- Detachable ambient light head to capture ambient light measurements and protect your device
- Easily attaches to all models of LCD and CRT monitors with included built-in counterweight and suction cups
- USB powered
- Use at multiple workstations without additional licensing fees
- Price Guide
- Colour Manage Registration
- Monitor Calibration
- How do I setup my files?
- How do I send my files?
- Download Print Calibration File